Sunday, March 25, 2012

L'Espresso

I went for my first ever high tea last December with my cousin to exchange Christmas presents. Yeps. I can't believe I've not been to a high tea before considering I love everything dainty, sweet and miniature.

Fret not. I'm sure this hopefully marks the start of more frequent future high tea sessions? Well, one can certainly always dream. (:

L'Espresso at Goodwood Park Hotel


Coffee and tea
Sweet treats

There were some hits and misses in the high tea buffet line. But overall, I decided that it was pretty good. My cousin, Jos, who had gone for several high tea sessions before, had recommended this to start off as she felt that the spread was quite good. My other cousin, Tara, however felt that the buffet standard had dropped considerably as compared to the past. I can't compare as that was my first time there.

Must try items include:
- Tiny tea sandwiches (there were so many varieties using different breads and fillings!)- Pecan pie (it was not overly sweet, and the crust was pretty decent)
- Lemon madeleines
- Chocolate cake (unlike other restaurants, the cake wasn't dry, and it tasted quite good actually)
- Raspberry cake (what can I say, I like tart berries...)
- Turkey ham and sauce (we went during the Christmas period, so I reckon this was a seasonal item)

I would love to go for high tea sessions in future. Now, the thing is, where should I go for a decent high tea spread?

1 comment:

  1. complimenti per il tuo blog! da oggi ti seguo! un bacio :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...