Monday, August 10, 2009

New Moon

And you know what? I'm still stuck at home recuperating. After about a week, I think I'm best friends with my toilet now. The diarrhea has eased a little, leaving me to just go to the toilet to do my thang. At about an average of four to five times daily (which is still highly abnormal rate for an average person - I reckon). Add that my stomach is still protesting violently (to what I have no clue since I'm mostly on a porridge diet anyways - I swear once I get well I would not touch porridge for like a month or something, I'm that sick of it.), I paid another visit to the doc to get additional medication.

To sum it up in short, I've been bored out of my mind, reduced to sticking myself to the computer for videos, net surfing and job looking. There IS a limit to how long one can glue oneself to the computer without feeling depressed. I think I've just about reached my limit.

Yesterday, being the National Day and all, my dad invited his uncle friends over for a potluck/bbq dinner. There was a table spread of cheese broccoli, satay, curry chicken and bread, KFC-like popcorn chicken, egg mayo sandwiches, barbecued chicken and sausages, fried beehoon, fishballs, some fish dish and of course, good alcohol - scotch (with its intoxicating seducing smell) and red wine (which I'm not a fan of anyway). Guess what I could eat? Bee hoon, a few fish balls, chicken pops, and plain bread. How depressing.

Okay, enough of whining. As I was bored of videos, I decided that some reading was long overdue. It's been months since I've sat down to read a proper book (okay not that many months but still.), thus I finally opened the plastic wrappings of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga that I bought a couple weeks back. I've already completed all four books but as I watched Twilight (again) in the afternoon, I grabbed New Moon and settled in to read. Halfway, I ended up in front of the television watching 18g of Love, a local film on the okto channel. After the show ended, my tummyache came back with a huge vengeance and after a visit to my best friend, I lay on my bed, spent. Popping in the diarrhea pills and stomachache pills that I had neglected to take after dinner, I was too drained of strength to contemplate taking a shower. I just went to bed straight (whoopsie me for being all smelly or whatever).

And awoke at a bloody timing of 450am cos I felt all hot and dirty. While waiting for the heater to heat up, I opened up New Moon and continued where I left off. I must say that I like the book more now that it's my second time reading it. I always thought I preferred the third and forth book more compared to the first two books and I realised that the second book is actually quite good too.

Guess what I'm doing today? Plugging in my earphones to the beats of Muse - Supermassive Black Hole on repeat mode, and reading Eclipse. I spied in the ending of New Moon that Stephanie Meyer wrote the books with Muse songs as inspiration, and I can totally link them together. Especially this particular song, which was used in the Twilight movie during the baseball game. Sweet. I'm off for some more Edward and Bella. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...